The Staff and Governors at Firs Primary School recognise that they have a duty to ensure arrangements are in place for Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and we will carry this duty through our teaching and learning, pastoral care and extended school activities. All members of the school community (including volunteers and governors) will at all times establish and maintain a safe and stimulating environments; an environment where children feel secure, where children are encouraged to talk to adults they can trust and where children are listened to.
Parents should be aware that the school is required to take any reasonable action to ensure the safety of its pupils. In cases where the school has reason to be concerned that a child may be subject to ill treatment, neglect or other forms of abuse, the Headteacher is obliged to follow the Child Protection Procedures established by the Derby City Area Child Protection Committee and inform the Social Services of the concern.
Our safeguarding Manager is Carolyn Mugglestone.
If there are any safeguarding concerns, Mrs Mugglestone, Mrs Martin and Mrs Blurton can all be contacted during and outside school hours on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Out of school emergency safeguarding contacts are also as follows:
- Derby Children’s Social Care: 01332 641172
- Out of hours Careline: 01332 786968
These are for contact to Children’s Social care if you have a concern about a child’s safety or well-being.
Children in Care
- Ensure that school policies and procedures are followed for Children in Care, as for all children
- Ensure that all Children in Care have access to a broad and balanced curriculum
- Provide a differentiated curriculum appropriate to the individual’s needs and ability
- Ensure that Children in Care pupils take as full a part as possible in all school activities
- Ensure that carers and social workers of Children in Care pupils are kept fully informed of their child’s progress and attainment
- Ensure that Children in Care pupils are involved, where practicable, in decisions affecting their future provision