As a school, we receive funding from the Government to support and enhance PE and physical activity throughout our school. We use sport and exercise to support many different areas for our children to give them the opportunity to live healthy and active lives. We aim to give them a positive experience of sport, well-being and physical activity. Together we aim to inspire our children to use sport and physical activity to build into their future a lifetime of participation.
We know that physical activity can have a significant impact on our children’s lives. We are committed to encouraging a You can do it! Attitude to support these main areas; mental health, resilience and physical health.
Here are just a few things we use our funding for
- Enlisting sports specialists to support our staff to maintain standards of delivering high quality PE
- Sports Specialists to assist with staff observations to maintain high standards of PE is taught throughout all year groups.
- Increase pupils’ participation in competitive sporting activities by paying staff or external providers to organise and supervise these.
- Buying into the Derby School Sport Partnership affiliation packages.
- Attend competitions and festivals organised by the School Sports Partnership.
- Provide and replenish equipment
This document is a working document and is constantly being updated.