Job Title: Sports Coach
Location: Firs Primary School – Part of the Derby Diocesan Academy Trust (DDAT)
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: Grade C SCP 5 – 6 (£21,575 – £21,968 pro-rata for part-time and term time only)
Hours per week: 21 hours per week
Weeks per year: 39
Start Date: As soon as possible
Firs Primary School is looking to appoint an enthusiastic, reliable and motivated Sports Coach to join our thriving and dedicated team. You will provide a full curriculum of physical education and a broad range of extra-curricular sporting activities to Reception through to Year 6 children.
Firs is a Good school, as confirmed at our last Ofsted inspection in June 2022. The Inspectors felt that: “Firs Primary School is an inclusive, happy and welcoming school. The ‘Firsy Five’ values are at the heart of everything staff and pupils do. Staff and pupils ensure that everyone, including those who are new to the country, feel safe and welcomed…This is a school that cares for all.”
We would be delighted to hear from you if you:
- Have the ability and willingness to uphold and exemplify our whole school values and ethos
- Experience in the sports coaching and/or education sector
- Experience working with EYFS and Key Stages 1 and 2
- The ability to engage and enthuse all children through sport
- A knowledge and understanding of effective pupil behaviour management and be able to implement strategies with a group of 30 children
- Are able to demonstrate a high standard of both verbal and written communication skills
- Have good interpersonal skills
- Show patience and enthusiasm with children
- Are able to represent the school in a professional and positive manner at all times
- Have a positive and inspirational approach with a real passion for making a difference
- Want to be a valued member of a professional and supportive team
- Have excellent team working skills and ambition to progress both personally and professionally
- Have a willingness to contribute to the success of the school.
We will only accept applications made on DDAT application forms.
DDAT welcomes a diverse population of both children and staff and is committed to promoting and developing equality of opportunity in all its functions.
DDAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to satisfactory references, online checks, completion of a probationary period, pre-employment and Disclosure Barring Service checks. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided.
If you get the chance to come for a visit, please do so, as this will give you chance to see whether working in an Inner-City school is something you would like to do. Please contact my School Business Manager, David Jones, at email@example.com to arrange a visit.
If you feel that you could help us achieve our vision, and would like to become part of our friendly and inclusive team, please apply using the DDAT Application Form only (attached to this advert), and email your completed Application Form, along with the completed Monitoring Information Form (also attached) to: David Jones, School Business Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Previous applicants need not re-apply
Closing Date: 12 noon on Monday 2nd October 2023
Interview date: week commencing 16th October 2023