All information regarding the school closure and any updates can be found at the bottom of the homepage in the ‘recent posts’ boxes. We will also post tweets from @firsderby with any new information.
The information below is specifically for parents and children in Awesome Oaks and Resilient Redwoods.
Although school is closed, it is not an extended holiday and we expect that children continue to learn. We have tried our best to make sure this happens.
All children have been sent home with:
- Learning Platform Logins
- Accelerated Reader Logins
- MyOn Logins
- Read Theory Logins
- CGP Reading Comprehension Books
- Maths No Problem Books
- Accelerated Reader Book
If your child was absent from school when these resources were sent home, they can be collected from the school office between 9am and 3.30pm. If you have any questions you can contact the school via the phone number, or contact the class teacher specifically by messaging them on class dojo. Children can contact their class teacher by mail on the learning platform or class dojo. Please see below for our working weeks and although we will do our best to reply as promptly as we can, this may not always be possible. If it is urgent, please contact the school office.
Every day we expect children to:
- Complete at least 1 page/learning objective in their ‘Maths No Problem’ book
- Complete at least 1 page/activity in their ‘CGP’ reading book
- Read their accelerated reader book for 20 minutes
- Practise timestables. This can be from any resource online or on paper but here is suggestion: https://phet.colorado.edu/sims/html/arithmetic/latest/arithmetic_en.html